Thursday, May 20, 2010

#14


14. I know this sounds quirky and somewhat geeky but we like to do research...you know finding out all we can about something...the good, the bad and the ugly. Now, I must admit, I am talking about the act of researching things we would LIKE to know more about, not things we HAVE to learn something about (that sounds too much like a college assignment to me!) Anyway, lately it's been humorous to find that most of our spare time has been spent doing just that...research.

We are currently trying to find curtains, side tables and lamps for our living room, a convertible car seat for Miss Ansley, crib rail covers for her beautiful crib that is beginning to look like a piece of wood that has been enjoyed by some hungry beavers, trying to finalize our summer plans and trying to make a decision about Ansley's alternative vaccine schedule now that the MMR is no longer available as 3 seperate shots (please Merck, reconsider!).

Anyway, we are once again reminded that with research comes decision making and some decisions are easy and some are more difficult. Some can wait and some cannot. Just yesterday, my "mommy mind" was a little overwhelmed with this season of life that I find myself in where it seems like a lot of decisions need to be made. Sometimes I get disappointed with myself when I place such concern on decisions that really, in light of eternity, don't matter. I decided to pray for guidance. Guess what? I found the information I needed to make an informed decision about 4 of the things I listed above!
"God, I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how."
Psalm 119:25

No comments: