Tuesday, May 18, 2010

#12



12. Our family really loves to camp (and I do mean real tent camping...not travel trailer camping)! It does take lots of preparation, planning, packing and products but it's well worth the experience and investment! My parents started our family tradition of camping when I was about six years old. I now have lots of sweet memories of camping that helped build me into who I am today. While camping, family time together comes first and busyness does not exist. Of course there times where a nice resort hotel can't be beat (especially in the summer), but camping (in the fall and spring) truly is the perfect environment for family bonding. We have really missed camping this last year since we have had Ansley. Camping + an infant does not equal relaxation in our book. However, we look forward to perhaps venturing out this fall for our first family campout! Did your family ever camp? If so, aren't some of your camping experiences the very trips you STILL end up talking and laughing about to this day?!

1 comment:

Ames said...

this just makes me laugh. mom took us camping in Mobile by the beach when we were younger. a racoon ate our food we brought, so we ate burger king whoppers every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. we still laugh about it when we are together!