Thursday, December 3, 2009

Run, Run, Run As Fast As You Can...

You Can't Catch Me I'm The Gingerbread Man!

Continuing with our Christmas traditions, tonight we read The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett. This is a new tradition for us. Since Ansley loves books, I knew she would enjoy this cute and different version of The Gingerbread Man! It's filled with lots of fun words, rhymes and colorful pictures! Then, we (really "I") decorated gingerbread cookies. I know Ansley is young for a lot of these traditions but hey you gotta start somewhere and heck she loves anything new (and messy)! She basically watched me decorate the cookies because if she gets near one, it is sure to wind up in her mouth and mommy doesn't allow table food yet. So, tonight the book reading was for Ansley and the cookies were for Jon and I!
Our little gingerbread family...if you look closely Ansley's has a little hairbow!
Ansley is happy to be staying up late and watching mommy decorate!
"Hmm I wonder what this icing tastes like?"
Checking out the gingerbread house in the book.

Getting ready to read The Gingerbread Baby!

1 comment:

The Hairstons said...

So cute!! I love that you guys are starting traditions with Ansley this early. She will always be able to look back at the pictures and see that she did that stuff for her first Christmas too. You have such a sweet little family!!