Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

The fun thing about teaching kindergarten is getting to celebrate all the popular (and not so popular) holidays! So, yesterday we enjoyed celebrating Groundhog Day. Just in case you are wondering, according to the "official" report, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. So, six more weeks of winter it is!

Hopefully, Phil's prediction will prove incorrect and spring will make it's debut soon. I, for one, am really looking forward to springtime! I love the warm weather...bring on the pedicures, sandals, flip flops, dresses, breezy days, and blooming flowers!!!

Here are a few pictures of our fun day celebrating in kindergarten! In conjunction with Groundhog Day, we are doing a unit on shadows in Science. We were really looking forward to going outside and tracing our classmates' shadows with sidewalk chalk but it was raining! Instead, we played a fun "guess that shadow game", enjoyed making groundhog puppets, and learned how to use the internet to discover if Punxsutawney Phil had seen his shadow or not.

Hope your Groundhog Day was fabulous :) By the way, whenever I think about Groundhog Day, I always think about the movie. You know where the guy's day keeps happening over and over again? If you had one day to pick out of your life that would be your "Groundhog Day" what would it be? I think mine would be my wedding day! :) Please share yours with me by posting in the comments sections!!! I would love to find out!!



1 comment:

Ames said...

i was thinking about my best day the other day, and i honestly think mine would be when i found out i was pregnant! dont get me wrong, i was excited to marry Matt....but it feltl ike Marraige was something i always just knew would happen. it took us like 2 years to get pregnant so when it happened i was just ECSTATIC!!!