Friday, December 12, 2008

Four Years of Marriage...And Still Lovin' It!



Jon and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on December 4th! To party, we decided to head to the mountains for some rest, relaxation, reminiscing, and to enjoy the holidays! We LOVE that our anniversary is at the beginning of the Christmas season. Each year we have enjoyed taking trips to places and enjoying whatever Christmas festivities are going on there....we always try to pick somewhere that has something fun going on. This year, we headed to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN for the weekend. We went to Dollywood on Saturday for "A Smokey Mountain Christmas"! They had tons of wonderful Christmas shows, yummy food, and the most gorgeous display of millions of lights! We had a cold but fantastic day together! On Sunday, we traveled about 20 miles into the Great Smokey Mountains to take in some gorgeous winter scenery. The mountain views were breathtaking with their snow laden caps and we enjoyed getting out and snapping a few quick pictures in the snow but jumped back in the car quickly as it was 18 degrees! We enjoyed a romantic lunch together in Gatlinburg at an Italian restaurant, grabbed some homemade fudge and goodies, and headed home.

Jon, I am so thankful for our life together. You are such an incredible husband. Today I love you more than I did four years ago. Our commitment to one another and pursuit of growth is contagious and I thank God for it...I don't take it for granted because I know it is rare. Thank you for loving me, speaking words of life to me, being ecstatic about our baby girl and your role as a soon to be daddy, and the support you give me as I pursue my passions as they relate to family, ministry, and education. Thank you for supporting our family and putting us first. Thank you for working for us everyday. I also love seeing your commitment to the College of Prayer, workplace ministry, and our church. You are one busy man but you have never abandoned your first love...Jesus. I love you, Jon!

Some pictures from our weekend...









7 comments:

annieck said...

LOVE the lights! They're beautiful!
So glad you guys had a fun trip.
Happy Anniversary! We love y'all!

Brandi said...

Fun! I am so amazed you got so many pictures together on a trip of just the two of you. We always seem to ask the person that can't operate a camera and the pictures turn out horrible. Y'all got some great shots.

The Greenfields said...

sweet post. i am glad yall had so much fun. the pictures are so pretty!! happy anniversary!

Karen said...

That's so true Brandi! I thought the same thing when we got back home and uploaded the pictures. I'm glad we got so many together since it was our anniversary :)

Ames said...

looks like fun!! our 5th this year will be spent taking care of a newborn. woohoo!

Alexis said...

your pictures are beautiful! i cannot believe its already been four years. how time flies. i love y'all and am glad you had such a special anniversary together!!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful time to celebrate! All the lights and love that snow! Ya'll are a special couple, I'm so glad you are able to get away together and enjoy yourselves.