Thursday, October 16, 2008

On The Move



Tuesday night, Jon and I were lying in bed reading. As Jon often does, he began to talk to the baby. He said, "kick one time if you are a boy and kick two times if you are a girl." I laughed because I have not felt the baby move at all yet. I've been reading that it may happen soon. Since I will only be 17 weeks on Saturday, I haven't had my hopes up too much about feeling any fluttering or movement. So, I continued reading my magazine and a few minutes later I felt the strangest sensation. It felt like two little kernels of popcorn popped in my abdomen. I was in shock that the baby was moving and I could feel it. I immediately wanted to dismiss it as stomach growling but I have continued to feel that same sensation each night since then if I lie really, really still. Of course, I immediately told Jon who now believes that it is a sign we are having a girl. We will be able to solve that mystery in just 12 short days! We can't wait to share the big news with all of you!

3 comments:

The Greenfields said...

woohoo 12 more days! oh my goodness, i can barely wait i am so excited. and i am so happy for you that you can feel the baby move = it's so awesome. it starts to get a little freaky when you can actually see ligaments move under your skin!!!

annieck said...

That is SO funny and sounds just like Jon!!! HA!
Feeling the baby move is by far my favorite part of being pregnant. It is SO amazing!!! Enjoy every moment! :)
Can't wait to see that sweet baby on ultrasound!

Brandi said...

Is feeling the baby move not the most amazing thing ever?! I thought it might be weird but I loved it so much. We can't wait to hear what Baby Mitchell is. HC needs another little girl to play with when our old small group get together. She can hang with all boys though. It doesn't really matter.