Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Class of 2022


Yipee! Today marks my final day of my sixth year of teaching. 06.01.10...is it really 2010? Where has the time gone? Was it really ten years ago that I graduated from high school and began my journey towards becoming an educator?
I am very excited about summer vacation. However, as I sit in my quiet classroom this morning surrounded by furniture laden with sheets and bulletin boards covered in newspaper, I feel a twinge of sadness...this happens every year. I just said goodbye to the Class of 2022.
Dear Parents,
Today I give you back your child. The same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, and months wiser than they were then.

Although they would have attained their growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality unfold day by day and marvel at this miracle of development. 


I give them back reluctantly. Having spent ten months together in the narrow confines of a classroom, we have grown close and we shall always retain a little of each other. We have lived, loved, laughed, learned, and enriched our lives together this year.

Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and their future endeavors, wherever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be your child’s teacher this year!
Love,
Mrs. Mitchell
I am so very thankful for the role the Lord has given me in teaching these children and I cannot wait to see the dreams He has for them fulfilled!

No comments: