Sunday, January 17, 2010

Plants and Poison Control

Tonight I walked into the living room only to see this...

Ansley had taken a bite out of the Peace Plant on our hearth! After calling Jon at work, I decided take extra precautions and call poison control and check on the measures we should take. They confirmed my thought (and prayer) that it was not poisonous. The lady I spoke to was so kind. Anyway, she suggested that since the plant did have some chemicals in it that I should wash Ansley's hands and face and give her some water to "wash it down". Thankfully, she had not choked on any of the pieces. The lady told me to watch Ansley closely for the next hour to see if she developed any reactions. Ansley seemed perfectly happy and normal (except she cried because I took the remaining crumbles of leaf away from her). Later she vomited twice and I was actually thankful for this just so she could get anything she may have digested out of her system naturally. Needless to say, we will be moving the plant. Ansley is so curious...anything beyond or behind the gate seems much more appealing than what is inside of it!

She is really on the move these days and we don't think we will see many more weeks pass before she is walking. It looks like we are going to have our hands full!

P.S. Coming soon to a blog near you...a Valentine's Day picture to match our new background! I know a Valentine background with a "Merry Christmas" header and picture don't quite go together!

3 comments:

The Chiaramontes said...

OMG! How scary! I bet it was a relief that she vomited. (I bet you never thought you would be happy to see vomit.) Haha! Glad Ansley is okay now...

Brandi said...

Wow, how scary! You are so smart to call poison control just in case. I'm so thankful little Ansley is good!

The Hairstons said...

Oh no! That is so scary! That happened to us one time but Eli ate a yellow flower that he picked outside. Scary! I'm so glad Ansley is ok!

Thank you for your sweet comment!!! I didn't want you to think I have forgotten about you about the party stuff. I'm gathering up some info for you and will email it all to you. Can you send me your email address? For now, you will have to check out this party site. They have SUPER SUPER cute ideas for bday parties. It is one of my favorites: http://polkadots-pirates.blogspot.com/