Monday, July 5, 2010

Insights from a novice...

Proverbs 18:15 says, "Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights."I have been reading (and rereading), Launching Your Kids For Life by Bob and Cheryl Reccord.

I have come to discover that although we as parents long to be wise men and women who are always learning, listening, and discovering fresh insights, as stated in the verse above, realistically after consulting the Word and the Lord in prayer, gaining wisdom from mentors and actually parenting there is realistically little time leftover to read everything out there! In thinking this over, I know I love to hear quotes, ideas and tips from books my fellow mommy friends have read so therefore I thought I would return the favor. After reading this book, my highlighter is empty and my heart and mind are full. I long to raise our children to be on mission for God and I am sure you do as well. Instead of compete, like it seems so many parents try to do these days, why not compliment? In an effort to do that, I will share several short posts or sometimes maybe even one quote that is a rich parenting nugget. Remember, I am a novice at parenting but the parents in this book have been through the troubles and triumphs of parenting and have come out on the other side with children who are succeeding in their mission and loving their parents in return for setting them free. Learn along with me...

No comments: