Sunday, January 4, 2009

Special Gift


Today, Rachel (my sister-in-law) gave me a precious gift. She asked all of my close friends and family who are moms to write me well-wishes and advice as I prepare to welcome Ansley and begin the journey into motherhood. She compiled them into a notebook for me. To all of you who wrote me a letter....thank you from the bottom of my heart. The notes were so meaningful and precious to me and to Jon. I appreciate the advice and encouragement. Your kind words and blessings mean so much to me at this special time. How neat to read letters from my mom, grandma, and friends! I hope I can likewise be an encouragement to my friends and family in the future who will become mommies and will also travel down this road with many questions, anticipation, and excitement. Rachel, thank you for your thoughtfulness...what a great idea! I will treasure this sweet gift and will add to it in the months to come. I will also enjoy reading through it during the tough times and being reminded of all those who are "cheering me on"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your little girl! We are so excited for you guys. I found your blog through Alexis and I have enjoyed reading your posts. Tell Jon we said hello!

Love,
Jon, Meg, Charley, and Evie West