Friday, October 23, 2009

Waiting for Baby Jack!

My sister, Kerri, and her husband, Derek, are expecting their first baby boy (Jack) any day now. Kerri has asked me to be in the delivery room with her for the big event. Seeing that all I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a teacher or an OB doctor, you can only imagine how excited I am! There is just something so special about having a sister and even more special about sharing one of the biggest days of your lives together...the birth of your first child. She was here when Ansley made her debut and now I will hopefully make it to Atlanta in time to be there with her and watch him "arrive"! I have two nephews (on Jon's side of the family) whom I adore and love dearly but I have heard there is just something indescribable about your own sister having a baby. If I can be as in love with Jack as Kerri is with Ansley...then that is some love!! Ansley and Jack will only be 6 1/2 months apart. I hope they can make lots of memories together! Well, look for pictures soon! She is not in labor yet. Her due date is Tuesday. I am hoping he comes this weekend or that she can schedule an induction towards the end of next week so I can stay longer and not miss too much school. We cannot wait to meet you Jack!
Love,
Uncle Jon, Aunt Karen, and Cousin Ansley

1 comment:

Ames said...

it is sooo true! when your sister has a baby it is AWESOME!!! (your brother too- not to exclude my little riley grace!) but i feel way more attached to "my nieces" than to Matt's sisters baby. somethin about em being part of your flesh and blood in a way. its a different love than you feel for you own child, but at the same time its the exact same love. being an aunt is AWESOME!